Secret to Clear Skin

After dealing with acne for about 2 years now, I want to share my thoughts on what are the two most common underlying causes of acne.
Remember that acne is just a symptom of a deeper problem. Solve the problem, and you'll get rid of acne.

How to Get Rid of Acne

In my experience, acne is caused by a hormonal imbalance, and inefficient digestion. If either of these two things is out of whack, I break out. It's as simple as that (for me!). Here are my 2 top tips for good skin:

Balance your hormones

The best way for girls to calm down their hormones is to birth control. My hormones were all over the place as a teenager because I always had severely painful periods and I always broke out like crazy around that time. It sucked because it was like a billboard to the world that said "Aunt Flo is visiting me for the week!" So I've conquered the hormonal issue by getting on trisprintec. Obviously, talk to your family, dermatologist and/or OB/GYN before getting on birth control.

Have a good digestive system

If you are constipated, chances are, you have acne. When you're constipated, the toxins in your body have nowhere to go, so they get into your bloodstream, which goes everywhere, including your pores! I know that's disgusting, but bear with me, this is VERY important to good skin!

There are very simple ways to stay regular. Here are a few all-natural, no-side-effects, results-driven and super-affordable tips:

  1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. If you do NOTHING else on this list, do this one. Your makeup will stay on longer, you won't have mid-afternoon lulls, and your skin will not only be acne-free, it will glow.
  2. Take psyllium husk every morning with warm water. Psyllium husk can be found under the brand name Metamucil, but you can also find higher-quality stuff at the Indian store, where its called Sat Isabgol. Take a heaping teaspoon every morning with warm water.
  3. Take 1/2 a tsp of Triphala every morning and night. This is a wonderful Ayurvedic compound that acts as a mild laxative. It works wonders and there are no side-effects.
On a last note, I've seen that taking charge of my hormones and my digestion has not only cleared up myskin, it actually makes me feel happier on the inside. Believe me, clear skin starts from here, so I hope you try it!

Post Comment

Blog, Updated at: 2:18 AM